Food and Agriculture
As Ireland’s primary indigenous industry, Food & Agriculture is particularly important for regional and rural Ireland and forms a key part of ISIF’s investment strategy given its alignment with ISIF’s priority investment themes.
ISIFs overarching thesis is to scale the Irish Food & Agricultural businesses to grow internationally with a focus on innovation, added value and sustainability and ISIF seeks to:
- develop industry solutions where there is a financing deficit;
- provide long terms debt for capital expansion or increased value add activity;
- provide patient direct equity to grow and scale indigenous companies,
- encourage innovation given the key role technology will have in the future of food; and
- support the food & agriculture sector in placing climate change and sustainability at the core of all business activities.
ISIF has to date invested over €200m in the Food and Agriculture sector across a broad range of subsectors including dairy, prepared consumer foods, beverage, forestry and ag-tech / innovation. The ISIF Food & Agriculture team continues to seek opportunities to deploy further capital in line with our strategy.